Hypnobirthing is a way of birthing that teaches the mother techniques that help her towards a relaxing and stress free birth. It can transform pain and fear, thereby enabling a beautiful calm experience for mother and her partner.
The Hypnobirthing Advantage
- Eliminates the Fear-tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing.
- Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers.
- Shortens the first stage of labour by several hours.
- EEliminates fatigue during labour, leaving mother fresh, awake and with energy for actual birthing.
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods.
- Promotes special bonding of mother, baby and birthing companion.
- More rapid postnatal recovery.
- Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience nature intended.
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.
What You Will Learn
- Relaxation and self- hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm and comfort.
- Other techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour.
- The creation and control of the body’s own natural anaesthesia.
- The source of the myth that pain must accompany normal birthing.
- Why women in other cultures have birthings almost entirely free of discomfort.
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuro-muscular harmony with nature throughout labour.
- Practice in deep relaxation during and between uterine surges.
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding.
What Parents & Professionals Are Saying
How could I believe when I had gone through not one but two long and excruciating labors? I was petrified. Then I found Hypnobirthing. This birth took four and a half hours. I was relaxed and comfortable all the way. It was wonderful.””I was with my wife for the birth of our first child. It was a bad experience for us. Most of the techniques we practiced from the other course just weren’t there for us. Hypnobirthing was far more than we had even hoped for. Our daughter came into the world so easily and in such a calm atmosphere.
I was with my wife for the birth of our first child. It was a bad experience for us. Most of the techniques we practiced from the other course just weren’t there for us. Hypnobirthing was far more than we had even hoped for. Our daughter came into the world so easily and in such a calm atmosphere.
I kept telling myself all I would feel is pressure- and it works. That’s all I did feel. What a difference from my first labour.
I read the advantages of self-hypnosis in a magazine and set out to find a program that could teach me the method. I’m so happy I found Hypnobirthing. This was our first baby and my active labour was only three hours from start to end. We were thrilled.
I’ve been delivering babies for over 20 years, including all of my own and I’ve never seen anything like this. Don’t tell my wife- she’ll want another baby.N.H. Obstetrician
This is just incredible. When I get pregnant, I’m coming to you.
I’m impressed! I’m impressed! I’m impressed! It’s wonderful.OB/GYN Physician
This is the way all babies should come into the world.Obstetric Nurse
What Is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a naturally induced state of relaxed concentration- a state of mind and body in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind.This part of our mind influences what we think, how we feel, and the choices we make. It can actually control pain.
There is no magic to achieving success with self- hypnosis. Almost anyone who chooses to can reach deep relaxation and redirected focus.
When having your baby with Hypnobirthing, what you will experience is similar to the daydreaming or focusing that occurs when you are engrossed in a book or staring at a fire. You will be conversant and in good spirits- totally relaxed, but fully in control. You will be aware of you body’s contractions but will be able to determine the extent to which you feel the urge. You will experience your birthing in an atmosphere of calm and relaxation, without fear and tension that cause pain.
Your body’s natural anaesthesia ( endorphins) will replace the stress hormones that create pain.
When it’s time for your baby to be born, you will be fully awake and involved.
Most mothers expect there to be pain and stress around birth-they have heard that this will be so from a young age. Hypnobirthing helps them transform their beliefs and see that birthing can be calm and stress free.
About Hypnobirthing Melbourne
The philosophy of Hypnobirthing, the work of Grantly Dick Read and explaining how fear affects labour will help build a positive expectancy.
The Hypnobrithing Childbirth Education Method is based on the research and work of Dr. Grantly Dick-Read.
Prenatal and perinatal bonding involves the bonding of three people: mother, father and baby, and takes place throughout pregnancy and labour.
What is experienced in the body is determined in the mind–the mind chooses to accept it as being real.
When the mind accepts that birthing can proceed naturally and no pain be experienced the body responds to this.
Hypnobirthing mums usually experience labours that flow very smoothly from one phase into the next.
Five two and a half hour classes run periodicallythroughout the year. These classes celebrate life through teaching techniques for safe and more comfortable birthing through guided imagery, visualisation and special breathing.
How do I book classes
Call 03 9584 7327 or email email@example.com
Michele studied Hypnobirthing in Australia and has a special interest in supporting people naturally from preconception to birth and beyond. Michele studied Hypnotherapy in the U.K. in 1990.
She is a registered Nurse and has a Bachelor of Science in Naturopathy. Michele is also an Aromatherapist, Colon hydrotherapist and Detox specialist.